Wednesday, May 6, 2015

My Definition of "What is art?"

Art is everything and everything is art.  This is my motto and one that I teach.  Any student I come in contact with knows that I believe art is everything and everything is art. 

If you look at anything in this world it is art.  There were design artists working on the cell phone you look at all day long.  Everyone is an artist no matter how bad or good one can draw, paint, etc.  Everyone is an artist.  People need to realize everything is art!

What do you get when you gelli plate on paper and add it to an eraser board?  ART.. Here is a picture of what I made.  The ingredients are: Mixed media: acrylic paint, paper, monoprinting, water base sealer, satin finish, 8.5 by 11 dry erase board
Recently I have fallen head over heels for my Gelli Plate.  I made a home made gelli plate and I love it!  My Gelli plate I waited for it to set for a few days before working with it.  I am in the process of perfecting my recipe for it as I want to make more plates and get into t-shirt making with a gelli plate and with textiles/clothing design.